Saturday, April 30, 2016

Vikings Draft Wrap

The Vikings went into the draft with 8 picks and made that many picks after it was all said and done. There were 5 trades made by the Vikings during the draft. Most of them during the sixth round which I don't want to discuss since they were annoying. The third round trade with the Dolphins was easily the most beneficial of them all. Rick flipped the third round pick for a sixth and two picks next year

They added two big receivers, two linebackers, a cornerback, a tight end, safety and offensive tackle.

The practice of grading a draft within the first year of the picks being made is ludicrous but I'm going to do it anyway.

After
I loved the receivers that they added.

Equally, the measurable's on Kearse are extremely impressive, especially when considering that he was a seventh round pick.

We needed to add an offensive tackle and linebacker but I'm not sure two backers was necessary and I'm still not sure how I feel about the point at which they went o-line.

I think it was a mistake to go corner in the second round and a tight end was not needed in the eight picks.

Refusing to grab a high end back up to Teddy or a defensive lineman was a mistake.

Last year's draft was one of the best in Vikings history so it's a tough project to follow up on that. There is at least one starter from the group, though as always he was the first round pick. Now it'll come down to RFA's (rookie free agents), the off season program and training camp to figure out what exactly we got.

If nothing else, we got the big targets for our QB and that will hopefully translate into a lot of excitement for the team.

Overall, I'll give the draft a C+ and hope that I'm going too low.

No comments:

Post a Comment