Thursday, April 14, 2016

Getting a wrap on it

The last 24 hours in the sports world have been a whirlwind. Kobe retired. Golden State broke Chicago's single season win record. Then the Rams flipped the draft on its head and gave Tennessee an obnoxious number of picks to move up. As I already highlighted, the Timberwolves went out with a bang and have started moving toward the next heads of team and organization. Now the NFL schedule is about to be released which is awesome since the Purple are moving back in doors come August. All that and the WNBA draft is happening right now.

But how do we get a wrap on it from this region?

I'll get to that in just a second
The Rams gave up a truck load of potentially great players to get the guy that they think can (hopefully) lead them to the promised land. Maybe it's Jared Goff but I'm rooting for the young son of the Dakotas - Carson Wentz. He's a lock to be taken in the first 2 picks of the draft now, which is just mind boggling. I don't care about Cleveland and still don't want that to happen but LA isn't much better right now. I'm into it for the local kid not any of the organizations.

I'll take some shots at the schedule once I've seen how it shakes out for the Norsemen but it's another step toward the new season so I'm pumped about it!

I hadn't heard anything about the WNBA draft happening but saw on the scroll that Minnesota's golden girl Rachel Banham was taken in the top 5. I'm not a Gopher backer, just the opposite actually but I try to give credit where it's due. She was a great story this year and seems like the story will continue on, so a shout out to the Ski-U-Mah's.

Finally, word has come out that Sam Mitchell doesn't have a chance to be retained as the coach of the Timberwolves next year. It's a surprise move by Glen Taylor but I'm not sure it's the wrong one. They need to hit on the next coach. It's not negotiable. Among other things, the right guy needs to be hired for this team to jump from 29 wins up to 50+. That's my expectation and should be the teams for itself. I know I said I was done talking about the wolves for now, but since the news about Mitchell changed I thought I should address it briefly.

No comments:

Post a Comment