Saturday, April 9, 2016

Sioux don't suck

Yeah, Yeah I know they changed it to "Fighting Hawks" but that wasn't even the best of the options to remascot. To that end I'm still calling UND, the Fighting Sioux.

To get to the point, UND won the college hockey national championship tonight. I'm not a UND backer or much of a hockey fan but this is the biggest story of the day in the region. Undoubtedly they're still celebrating in Grand Forks and Tampa. Why the finals were in Tampa is a mystery to me but it probably comes down to $$$ and that's beside the point any way.

After a 15 year drought of championships in Hockey, it's good for those kids, the university and the state as a whole to be at the pinnacle of a second college sport this school year (the other being NDSU, in FCS football).

I'm not going to make like I saw the game, because I was busy all day and didn't see a minute of it. I heard most of the third period on the radio but hockey on the radio is not awesome. That is to say that this isn't about a particular play or player but just about the fact that they got over the hump and finally got another trophy.

Being a born and raised North Dakotan I'm always positive on good things happening in the Peace Garden State. I don't like the Sioux but winning a championship is a good thing so I'm happy for em and for us.

Not that they have for a long time in hockey but to a level not reached in a long time, the Sioux don't suck. As I said already, good for them!

I have a little more to say after the jump.
Thanks for reading!

Go Bison!

No comments:

Post a Comment