Monday, June 27, 2016

Top 10: 3 & 4

With the current construction of the team, the remaining four would actually be a mistake. I didn't think that the Wolves would take Dunn. I'm going to finish out the projection as I imagined it pre-draft and will reorganize in a total list the night before free agency opens.

The emphasis really has to be on three point shooting and defense. So take a look at how I thought the list would break down and then check back later this week for the reordered list.
Number 4: Harrison Barnes
For the sake of this exercise I'm not going to place a heavy significance on the slump he had through the playoffs. The odds of this one are slim, in fact he is the most unlikely of all twelve guys that I have up for consideration because of the forth coming reasons. While I don't think he'll get the max contract that he's been rumored to demand he will probably price himself out of Minnesota's range. Even if the financials were agreeable, I doubt he'll settle for a bench roll, which is what he would be (behind Wiggins) as a member of the Timberwolves. I recognize that those are a lot of negatives, but with his skills, experience and age I would be remiss to exclude him from the list of desirable possibilities.
If given the choice between Barnes as the lone prize of free agency or 3 different guys, I'm not sure what I would prefer but there may not be a wrong answer to that. The team has a whole would probably be better served with multiple guys but yeah I really can't lock in on one or the other.

Anyways, onto number three

Number 3: Ryan Anderson
His defense may be lacking but his offense surely makes up it. While he's never hit the 40% mark that I wish for any of the three point shooters we add to have, he's averaged over 16 points per game over the last five years. During the same span, he's managed to grab over 6 rebounds per game. So he's a poor man's Kevin Love but after wallowing in Brooklyn, Orlando and NOLA over the span of his career he'd probably welcome the opportunity to join the Timberwolves, contract dependent of course. He's going to be one of the higher paid players that isn't in the top tier. I would say that 12 million is the low end of his value. We have the cap space to accommodate that and I be in on him as a starter immediately.
With the way the draft went the moves that Thibodeau makes in the coming days are significant in showing whether he is qualified to run the personnel department or is in over his head.

I revealed my list on a different website so if you're looking at this as a result of that posting then you should be able to put it together as to whom I have left to post as my #1 and #2 players. As another reminder, this exercise began pre-draft and I am completing what I started. I will be doing a re-organized list to reflect the addition of KD on Thursday. Check back!

No comments:

Post a Comment