Friday, June 17, 2016

The Top 10: 8 & 7

Well, as the Finals are on the verge of reaching game seven, it's time to keep going through my list of potential Timberwolf free agents. You can find number's nine and ten by going to the main page of the blog.

Thanks for taking a look. Let me know what you think!


#8: Nicolas Batum
A guy who has only shot over 40% from three once in his career, during his second season and he's been well below that over the last four years, isn't exactly a great addition to a team looking to break into the playoffs but the three point shooting was deplorable enough last year that he deserves consideration. A three year contract with the third being a team option worth six per year would maybe work out.

Of the guys on the list, I think there's a divide between Batum and the rest of the guys that I'd like the Timberwolves to prioritize as they consider free agents to bring aboard. It's fully possible that as I work through the remaining seven that another divide or two will show up but that's for another day. Without further adieu, I'll keep it moving!

#7: Marreese Speights
Some may say that adding another PF/C is unnecessary and I would agree that it isn't the top priority on the team. I also recognize that he may not want to leave the Golden confines. But adding someone who has eight years in the league but isn't yet 30 who could back up KAT and Dieng all while bringing a missing level of toughness, would be a win. Nailing down a projection of what he may command in FA is a tough prospect. It seems possible to range anywhere from one to four years, though two is probably what will happen. He could go to NYC and get paid (for example) or stay in GS and try to add to his one (or two) rings. It adds up to being a wild card but for all the factors I've already mentioned I think he could be a good add.
I'll get to numbers five and six in a few days, but what do you think of the possibility of adding Batum and Mo-buckets?

No comments:

Post a Comment