Sunday, May 8, 2016

Rube Rant

Newsflash: The Twins are terrible. They started 0 - 9 then they got on a little bit of a hot streak but now they lose basically every day. Some times I think that historically incompetent performance is exciting but then I think back on examples of it and find myself despising such occurrences. So I have no interest in them losing a record number of games or having a historically bad winning percentage or anything like that but when they're bad during the sports abyss that is the time between the Wolves season ending and the start of Vikings Training camp there is not much to focus on locally so I understand why some people may want them to tank.

It's May 8 and they have no chance of a playoff spot. They are still in a terrible position as far as pitchers go and while they have plenty of guys who can hit home runs, they seem to never happen at the most opportune times. This team will probably lose 95 games this season and as much as the players need to perform better I'm putting a lot on the ownership.

yeah, yeah it's super cliche to rip a teams owner when they're bad but the refusal to spend money by the Pohlads is unacceptable.  They have a chance to get a once great pitcher and they don't even send a scout to check him out. Are you kidding me?! I hope that people stop going to the games. I've heard repeatedly that Target Field is one of the nicest in the MLB. I've been there and know that it is a gem but people need to just refuse to go there.

When the team loses and isn't even competent then the organization from the top down should suffer for it. If they spent money, if they tried to bring in quality free agents but were unsuccessful that would be one thing. Instead they make stupid trades. Refuse to pay players and laughably even when they open up the check book to stay above the salary floor it doesn't work. Everything needs to change with the Minnesota 9. Everything!

I'm not even a ball guy and I can't help but get fired up because going to a game at Target Field is still a good time. Until it improves I refuse to spend any money to see them live. I'm boycotting, plain and simple. Hopefully I'm not the only one that takes that approach either!

Force their hand. Hit em in the pocket book! Then just try to suffer through until July and Vikings training camp gets under way!
Thank  you

No comments:

Post a Comment