Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Front Run Nation

Everyone likes to cheer for a winner.

It's an old saying.

It's a cliche.

But it's true, people do like to cheer for winners.

Bandwagoner's.

So in a field that is comprised almost entirely of winning and losing it's pretty difficult to find those who don't succumb to the ease.

Case in point: I went to the Timberwolves game last night and saw as many, if not more, people wearing Golden State attire as Timberwolves themed gear. So you might say to yourself, "yeah, Minnesota is terrible and has been for a long time."

You would be right about that.

But this is Sota, not California. Be about our squads and forget the Packers or Warriors or Yankees or Blackhawks.

When people don't remain loyal to the local squads, sports loses part of itself.

More after the break
I won't deny that the problem is perpetuated by the media.

Lebron, Curry, Brady, Manning.

A few of the biggest stars of their sports who have national brands because of the media and they've been very successful. I'm not going to glaze over that, the success and notoriety they've achieved is deserved but keep it where you're at.

I don't want to go to any sports game and see anywhere near as many pieces of apparel for the opponent as the home team. If you disagree, click the little x and don't bother me about.

Keep you're squad where it is. I don't wanna have to deal with the bandwagon crap everywhere at sporting events.

yeah, yeah, it's business. But I don't care about that either.

The exception I will accept is the transient reality. people move. A lot. So just because you moved here from somewhere else doesn't mean you have to adopt the local teams cause I most definitely wouldn't be about that if I moved somewhere else in the states.

But back to the point. Stop being bandwagon. Curry's a great shooter. props to the man for his talent, dedication and humility. Just because he's a great shooter doesn't mean it's okay to jump on the trailer to his bus.

The league's probably love it since they're primarily about the revenue, but to repeat - I don't care about the business of it.

True fandom is going to a game, or reppin a team when they're terrible. So when the sand's change and what was bad gets better then gets good I can say I've been in the whole time.

So when it happens for the Timberwolves, since it's happening for the Vikings and even to the Twins to a lesser degree I don't want to see you bandwagon people around. Don't talk me about you're reasons or try to claim you were always a fan. You, bandwagon people, are a joke to me.

A whole nation full of people who just want to be with the latest and coolest thing. Well stay away from me and my teams when it happens cause all the true fans don't need you stinking up our spots.

Front runners.

Bandwagoners.

Disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment